Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ahhhh.....my first time

It's true, this is my first time.  My first time writing a blog and more importantly my first time being a mother.  I would like to throw out a few disclaimers to anyone choosing to read this. 


1.) I've never blogged before, so if there is blogging etiquette.. I don't know what it is! (and probably don't care)


2.) This blog will not be grammatically correct.  I have a HATE relationship with the comma! I think I should put it in places where it shouldn't be and probably don't put it in places where it should be.  So if you are a stickler for those types of things, turn around NOW! 


3.) I don't have a set format in mind....this may end up just being a bunch of ramblings.


4.) This blog should not be taken and used as advice that would be backed up by any sort of child psychologist, pediatrician or child research professional/expert.  


Now, that we have that out of the way! Let's begin!


I decided to write a blog for no other reason than I like to hear myself talk and I think that others should also hear what I have to say.  What you choose to do with it is on you.  We are all adults here! 


As I said before, I am a first time mom! Woohoo!  And let me tell you, it's by far the SCARIEST thing I've ever done in my life! My son, we will call Miyagi, (that's not his real name, but actually that is what we called the child during my pregnancy because we chose not to find out the gender) is 7 months of wonderful ooey-gooey goodness! I've had 7 months of realization that I have no clue what I am doing, but that is absolutely okay! 


Lesson #1: It's okay to admit that you have no clue how to take care of another human being.  It does not make you a bad mom! 


Lucky for me, I have an absolutely wonderful support system (the internet is NOT on the top of the list--see Lesson #2) who have helped me along. I'll talk about them in another post (Woah! Another post, I'm already thinking of my next post!)


Lesson #2: The internet is wonderfully damaging!  You can get GREAT information but also it can make you question everything you ever thought you may have known and also make you feel like an idiot by telling you things you didn't know but probably should have!


Okay, I've realized I could probably go on forever, but Miyagi is taking a nap....so I'm going to try and enjoy the maybe 17 minutes I have left watching some trashy tv (that he has absolutely NEVER seen in his life....does sarcasm come across well in blogs???) 


Until next time, HOLLA! 





No comments:

Post a Comment