Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just a Quickie.....

Get your minds out of the gutter, even though it's so nice to go there sometimes :-)  My next post was going to be about the critical "mommy friends" that I feel everyone should have, but I had to take a quick detour. 


I wanted to give a quick shot out to my, and all the other, AMAZING Baby Daddies (ABD's)!  (side note: Yes, I am married to Miyagi's dad, but I lovingly refer to him as Baby Daddy!). 


I had a great conversation with one of my favorite mommy friends this morning about how lucky we are to have amazing baby daddies!  Not just because they are there for our children, which they do a stand-up job of that, but more importantly...they are there for us! 


Sometimes as a mom we can lose ourselves in our new roles.  We get so wrapped up in taking care of our children, our homes, our husbands (or significant others) that we forget about ourselves.  This is where those ABD's come in.  They want to make sure that we take care of ourselves.  They knew us (in most, but not all situations) before we became moms so they know when we just aren't "ourselves".  They love us enough that they want for us to be WHOLE! Not just moms and wives....but they want us to be that woman.... that woman they fell in love with!


To all the ABD's .... I salute you!
And because I write this blog..... to my ABD.... Like you! Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Well said- I heart my ABD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ABD is a chump, I could treat you better. Lose that zero and get with this hero!

    ReplyDelete